Friday, November 11, 2011

Friday & Frugal :)

I got out of bed a little earlier than usual this morning, felt like I had more energy knowing it was Friday. :) Charlie and I were wide awake and making jokes on the way to work.  It was nice seeing the sun on the drive there, knowing it was a Friday, and there was no traffic (being Veteran's Day). It sure seemed like everyone else in the world was off work but us! But it was nice this morning. We even had time to make a stop at Wawa. I got my pumpkin spice coffee and Charlie got an iced coffee (even though it was freezing this a.m!)

YUM!
My workday was BUSY. I didn't have much time to stop all day, and we had an hour long meeting before lunch about how much work we have and how we can get the numbers down. They are thinking of giving us the option to work Monday thru Thursday, 10 hour days and having off every Friday to get work out earlier. I'm sort of interested in it. It would be nice having a three day weekend every week and knowing I can get everything I need to get done on Friday. The only problem is Charlie's schedule fitting with mine and the fact we ride together. We'd have to figure that out if I decided to do it. I'm just not sure! We had Chik-Fil-A for lunch. I got one of their chicken strip salads; they are so yum! :) 

3:30 finally came. There is a girl at my work who's a little newer I haven't talked to much. She's 19 and seems a little immature and talks a little too much for me. I've been trying to get to know her more recently since I can tell she doesn't know what to think of me much either. My brother's girlfriend, Amanda, commented me on Facebook right as I was leaving work. So I was distracted and went to say bye to this girl, which I usually don't, and accidentally said "Bye, Amanda". Too bad Amanda isn't her name! She looked at me really confused and almost waiting for me to say something else then just said "bye". I was walking out and realized I called her the wrong name! I immediately felt embarrassed and told her, "I don't know why the hell I called her Amanda", haha. She said she was wondering the same thing. It seemed like she didn't believe me, though. I felt like she thought I really didn't remember her name, or else I was just trying to be mean, haha. I felt really bad.

So, we got home. We had plans to go out and we spent too much time outside with the dogs, and I picked some weeds (for what would probably be the last time). I got way too into a couple episodes of That 70's Show and didn't end up starting to get ready to go out until about 6:00. We left around 6:30 for the mall. There's a Christmas lights show they do every night there, so we went there for that and to walk around and look at Christmas stuff and get some ideas. The lights are so pretty and it's cool to see so many people watching it every time we go, and they all look excited and clap when it's over. There was some cute kids dancing to the music too. It feels good to be around something so nice with people in a good mood when so many bad things are going on in the world nowadays. We walked around outside looking at the lights and window-shopping the stores. They were handing out free popcorn so we shared a cup.
Charlie & I in front of the big tree
We went back in the mall afterwards and walked around for about an hour. We went in Macy's (which we never go in) and made fun of how much everything cost. It's just ridiculous in there! $88 dollars for scarves? That's crazy. They had a lot of nice Christmas decorations, though. We went in Dicks and tried out the exercise machines for fun, went in JCPenney so I could look in a mirror and get a hair out of my eye, haha. We walked around and joked and had fun, and didn't spend a dime. Usually I can't go in the mall without buying something, even if it's just a drink, but we're trying to get our debt down this year and won't be able to use credit cards for Christmas shopping, so we're trying to save cash for buying gifts. Before going in I said I wouldn't buy anything that's not for us and we wouldn't buy any food. We didn't spend anything! I felt really good when we left and it was nice being able to go out and just enjoy each other and know we still have money in our pockets when leaving.

Just us.
The tree and some of the lighting












We're just hanging out at home now, eating dinner and hangin' out with the dogs. I'm watching Reba. Going out with my mom tomorrow. Love the weekend. :)


*Question of the Day:  What do you do to relax and start off your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment