Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Is It Friday Yet?

Well...this is my first blog post. Some of you may know me and some not. I like to write and document things, so I thought an online blog would be a good idea where I can share what's been going on with me for family and those I don't get to see or talk to as much as I'd like (or for anyone who doesn't know me at all and can relate). Not only that, but there have been quite a few things in my life so far I really wish I had written down so I could look back and remember. This way I will. :) I hope to update my blog daily, or at least every few days.

Today was just like any other Wednesday at work for me. (Is it Friday yet??) My lead is out on leave, so another woman and I are taking on all the lead duties, and have been for weeks. It's been nice, but at times a little frustrating. I don't know what it is; I don't really like working with other people. I like working on my own! This woman likes to check up on me and, I believe, underestimates me because of my age. I don't like people checking behind me who aren't my superiors. (I don't really love people checking behind me at all) haha. I get irritated. I know it's something I need to work on...being able to accept unwanted advice, criticism, help.

It can be frustrating being confined to a desk for eight hours. I look outside and wish I was out there, especially on beautiful days (like today). There are so many other things you could be doing and yet you are taking so much time out of your life to do something you do NOT want to do! My mind just wanders and wanders all day at work. You think about so many things working alone silently for so long and not having much contact with people. If you're a very social person, it can literally drive you crazy. Every day I think about family, things I need to get done, what I need to do at home, the fun I'm going to have this weekend, things I want to buy, how I need to save, my dogs, Charlie, the past, things I could have done differently, this past year, my hopes for the future...just so many things. I've worked there so long I've learned to type, listen to the phone calls, and think at the same time which is pretty crazy. I guess you could say I'm a huge thinker. I'm a very emotional person. I might not show it much, but inside my emotions are so strong. Thoughts are constantly running through my head and sometimes I wish I could tell my mind to shut up.

Anyways, we're sitting on the couch. Deuce is above my head, sleeping on the top of the couch (yes, he is the weirdest little dog) haha. Bear is sleeping on the floor. Who knows where C.C. is. We've had a lot of issues with her health wise lately. She started to have an obsession with water, would walk with almost a limp in her back legs, and would just act so strange. I researched it a little and it seemed like she either had diabetes or a thyroid issue...leaning more towards the diabetes. It said just a diet change can give them a complete turnaround, so I changed her diet and she has been doing soo much better. I should have paid more attention to her diet to begin with, especially with her age. She's eating all natural now.


I feel like a bad wife tonight :( We ended up just picking up some Five Guys, which is a rarity. I'm not even supposed to eat that crap anymore, but that was our dinner! :( I always feel bad when I don't cook some kind of dinner on the weeknights. Hey, at least no dishes to do; that's always a plus ;) And I did clean up and do the laundry...so that makes up for the Five Guys, right? (Okay, not health wise...not calorie wise...but those daily "housewife" points) ;)


And I'll repeat...is it Friday yet?!


*Question of the Day: How do you get yourself through the work week?

No comments:

Post a Comment